Friday, October 15, 2010

Viper FM 106.1Music Station Shall Be Backed On Air Soon


Viper FM 106.1 Music Station Will Be Backed On Air Soon

Viper FM 106.1, a new music station based in brgy. Ichon, Macrohon will be backed on the air very soon. This was the assurance from one of the workers of the Kalayaan Printing Press owned by the Saludo family in the aforesaid place.

The Kalayaan workers were having a picnic and some kind of relaxation at the Gloria Beach Resort in brgy.Ibarra,Maasin City, one Sunday after noon while I was there selling the Manila and Cebu-based newspapers.(Many curious individuals are asking me why I continue to sell newspapers in spite of the fact that I’m a news writer. My frank answer is that: I receive only a small amount of honorarium per article as a news correspondent to a Tacloban-based regional daily newspaper. And I did not become rich yet until this very moment.

Although I have experienced working in various jobs but with minimal salaries in several occasions while I was living in Metro Manila for many years, still it did not make me rich even. My earnings were not quite enough for my needs… Unless an unexpected windfall will fall infront of me(may God grant it!), or a well-to-do relative will help me in my financial situation, that’s the time that I will stop selling newspapers, which I did started while I was a working student in first year high school in Ozamis City,Misamis Occidental,Mindanao,my second home. In fact after my schooling, every time I lost a job or was led off, I always go back to selling newspapers in the streets. Why? We lost our father at a very young age and I have not a wealthy sibling. In fact, I was able to study journalism on my own effort while I was living in Metro Manila for several years. However, I stopped before I could finish my course because I have lost my job.)

I approached one of them who were having a drink, while one of their companions was belting a song played by the Karaoke video inside a hall. I asked him in Cebuano: Aduna bay purohan nga madungog o mobalik pagsibya ang Viper FM sa kahanginan? “Oo, hundred percent nga mobalik ang Viper FM sa kahanginan”, he replied in the Cebuano language.(Is there a chance that Viper FM can be heard or will be backed on the air? Oh yes, one hundred percent the Viper FM will be backed on the air.)

He said that for the moment, there are still some small problems to be settled by its management. This include permit, installation of a new transformer that was hit by a lightning strike sometime during the first week of June 2010.The damage did not stop there. The current of the destructive electrical discharge from the lightning runs through the two wire connections towards the transmitter built atop a hill, a walking distance from the radio station. The damaged transmitter was already finished repairing and is now functional, he said. But I’m hoping that Chito Saludo, the Viper FM’s Manager has received my article regarding pyrite chock (mistakenly encoded as pyrite soap in my first article about it) that I shared with him. (Read my article about pyrite chock by clicking August 2010 and look for it)

Most probably, the music station shall be backed in the airwaves either in December or January 2011 or earlier. Happy listening. Read related articles on Viper FM.Click the months of May and July 2010 and look for it.(QMG,Jr.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Tags